Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Gene says: Turnabout is Fair Play

While cruising along at 300 k/h (186mph) and actually seeing what is around where we are, and in very low hassle comfort,

it is not at all unusual to nod off

And contrary to conventional wisdom, this shot is NOT photoshopped!


The ride is actually smoother than our Light Rail back in Phoenix, even though our speed is about 10 times faster.  Fortunately, many real decision makers have realized that our country has fallen way behind first- and second-world countries in terms of moving people and are advancing against entrenched powers to fix that (sound familiar Egyptians, Tunisians, Libyans, et.al.?????)!!!

Cell phones do work well on the AVE, but neither of my two hand-sized GPSes could receive satellite signals even though placed right on the window ledge with half of the sky unobstructed (perhaps window material or treatment impeded signals).  Fortunately, the cycling information display inside the coach included "Velociad" in kilometers per hour.  We peaked at 301!

3 comments:

  1. Groan at looking like a 60-year-old (oh wait....) with bad support garments, but hey! that's a great color job on the top of my head from my hairdresser Afida. Kudos, Afida!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, stacy says, that is so cool. I love the picture I love the info I love the hair. Just great stuff. Thanks for being so good about sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to say "Gene says" because I can practically hear your voice! You two have quite different writing styles, you know.

    ReplyDelete