a little rain must fall. And Barcelona is it. 7:30am and I'm hearing rain. And I'm seeing rain in the forecast. Looks like a little change in plans to focus inside activities. There's always the Picasso museum until it lets up a little. And we're adventurous enough for the Cathedral of the Sagrada Familia in the wet. Fortunately, the forecast is for sun in Valencia. We can deal.
Meanwhile, the trip has turned us both into olive lovers! Many places serve you a dish of green olives when you sit down -- the Spanish equivalent of a bowl of tortilla chips? So we tried a few. Hola! Bueno! In fact we're bringing home a tin, but the combination of our limited Spanish and the bustle of the mercat resulted in a tin of olives stuffed with anchovies! those danged little fishies I refuse to have on my pizza!
Maybe if I learned to like beets at Culinary Boot Camp last year and olives in Spain this year, anchovies will be next on the list....
Stranger things have happened.
Push to shove, remove those suckers when you get home and feed them to the kittehs. :-D
ReplyDeleteI admit I worried about you when I saw the forecast for Rain in Spain.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are enjoying the olives. They are all different, aren't they?
Rain dries. Gaudi is forever.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the olives while you are there. We brought back a huge jar of them and they just don't taste the same. Hmmmm. Could be the atmosphere. Don't leave without trying some of the Jamon. The good stuff, not the cheap grocery store stuff, but the acorn-fed BLACK HOOF jamon.