Friday, March 11, 2011

Zumba Shmumba, give me Flamenco!!!

I realized that there’s no such thing as an overweight flamenco dancer and I know why!  and by the way, sign me up!!  We started our Spain experience with a trip to Café Chinitas, THE place to go for a great flamenco show.  After witnessing the joy of this art form, I’m determined to spend the rest of my vacation 1) holding my skirt up about 5 inches above my knee with my hands on my hips, 2) keeping my head thrown back with a perpetual look of disdain, 3) arching my back. 


My new heroine was a 50-something (at least) mamma who more than held her own with the young uns, let me tell you.  I took a series of photos that I'll post when the connection is better. 

The show was FABULOUS!!  90 minutes of great guitar, singing, clapping, dancing.  A perfect end to day 1.  And I’m full of paella and sangria.  ole!!

4 comments:

  1. You go Mama! It sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We LOVE flamenco! There is a place in Phoenix where we can go to see some when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey 6c486884-4c58-1130-ac80-000bcdca4d7a!! Identify yourself please. Your name doesn't show up. I'd love to know who you are! Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. We saw a really GOOD show, and a really BAD show. It sounds like they did OK for you!

    ReplyDelete